como Town Gazette - October 2013
Please take our Como Town Survey located at comotown.com and give us you two cents worth for a chance to win $100 Como Town Entertainment Card. We will be closing the survey on October 11 and announcing the winner Oct 14.
Total Time 2-3 Hours
- 2 (12- by 18-inch) sheets of red stiff felt (we used E-Z Felt brand)
- 9- by 12-inch sheet of black stiff felt
- Hole punch
- 2 yards of 1/2-inch-wide black ribbon
- Tacky glue
- 2 black pipe cleaners
- 2 (1-inch) red pom-poms
- Large marker
- Black electrical tape
- Brimmed black hat
4. For each antenna, wrap one end of a pipe cleaner tightly around a pom-pom. Twist the pipe cleaner around the marker to form a loose spiral, then tape the ends of the pipe cleaners behind the brim of the hat.
5. To tie on the wings, simply bring the ribbon over each shoulder, cross the pieces over your child's chest, then tie the ends together in the back.
For more information and tips, check out this craft and more at spoonful.com
If ladybugs really do bring luck, this adorable critter is sure to double your family's dose.
2. Overlap the wings as shown and punch 2 holes through both pieces of felt. Thread the ribbon through the holes.
3. Glue the circles onto the wings and let them dry (about 10 minutes).