como Town Gazette - May 2014
TPT Family Fun Day at Como Town
in the news
Go along with the Star Tribune’s Vineeta Sawkar as she gets amazing views of the Twin Cities on the Soaring Eagle Zip Ride. Watch video here.
- Construction Paper
- Plastic wrap
- White Glue
- Tissue Paper (blue and other colors)
- Googly eyes, small seashells, and sand (optional)
3. Create a watery background by painting a solution of 2 parts white glue and 1 part water onto the plastic and then pressing on strips of blue tissue paper. Use the same method to layer on tissue paper seaweed, fish, and any other sea creatures your child desires.
4. Glue the construction paper frame on top. For a fun finishing touch, you can even add googly eyes and small seashells and sand.
5. Allow the assembly to dry completely, then carefully peel the plastic from the glued paper. Trim the tissue paper edges flush with the frame, and the aquarium is ready to tape to a sunny window.
For more information and tips, check out this craft and more at spoonful.com.
This photo originally appeared in FamilyFun Magazine
1. Cut out an 11- by 8-1/2-inch aquarium shape from construction paper, angling the upper corners as shown. Then cut out the front and top panels, leaving a 1/2-inch border to serve as a frame.
2. Next, place a piece of plastic wrap (slightly bigger than your frame) on a sheet of cardboard and tape down the edges.