como Town Gazette - June 2012
The S.S. Swashbuckler Pirate Ship Has Arrived!
A new pirate ship ride, named the S.S. Swashbuckler, has pulled into dock at Como Town! The S.S. Swashbuckler features open seats and swings back and forth in a pendulum motion, changing elevations and speed while giving riders the feeling of weightlessness.
Check out the new S.S. Swashbuckler Photo Album on our Facebook page for snapshots of this thrilling ride in action!
Craft Project - BBQ Apron for Father's Day
Add a few splashes of fabric paint to a plain canvas apron, and what do you get? A gorgeous kid creation that will artfully shield Dad's clothes from that messy grill.
• White canvas apron, in Dad's size, available at craft stores
• Masking tape
• Fabric paints of different colors
1. Prewash the apron. Mark off sections of the apron with masking tape, so each child artist gets his or her own tableau.
2. Kids can sketch out ideas on paper beforehand or go straight to canvas. Themes might include food on the grill, family self-portraits, or Dad's favorite things.
3. Remove the tape and set the paint according to the manufacturer's directions.
For more information and tips, check out this Best-Ever Barbeque Apron craft featured on familyfun.go.com.
May Coloring Contest Winners:
Win an all-day free unlimited ride wristband. Good during the 2012 Season!
Download this month's Coloring Contest Picture below!
Addie W. (Age 2) Cottage Grove, MN
Karson A. (Age 3) Oakdale, MN
Alice W. (Age 4) St. Paul, MN
Ariel D. (Age 5) St. Paul, MN
Tia B. (Age 6) Duluth, MN
Kaysaun V. (Age 7) Big Lake, MN
Kristin B. (Age 8) Richfield, MN
Ava R. (Age 9) New Market, MN
Selena J. (Age 10) Minneapolis, MN
Trent B. (Age 11) Duluth, MN
Tyler B. (Age 12) Duluth Grove, MN