como Town Gazette - JULY 2013
COMO Town Soaring Eagle Zip Ride Now OPEN!
Como Town Soaring Eagle Zip Ride takes visitors in reverse 420 feet from one end of the amusement park to the top of the ride 85 feet in the air for a panoramic bird’s eye view of Como Town, Como Zoo (including the new Gorilla Forest) and Como Park, and then riders will soar back to the starting point while enjoying the spectacular view. The Soaring Eagle’s double seat comfortably and safely accommodates two riders – children and adults--who can experience the attraction together. Height Requirement: Guests must be 48” or taller to ride alone and fit securely in the restraint systems. Guests between 42” and 48 inches must be accompanied by a responsible companion who is at least 14 years old and fit securely in the restraint systems. For more information about the Zip Ride check out our website at comotown.com.
Total Time 2 to 3 hours
- 13-gallon garbage bag
- Colored duct tape (we used red and white)
- Marker or pen
- Yardstick or measuring tape
- 4 (2-foot) pieces of white cotton cording
3. Lay 2 pieces of cording across the rectangle about an inch from one of the shorter ends. Fold that end over the cording and tape it down to make a casing. Repeat this at the opposite end with the other pieces of cording.
4. Fold the rectangle in half and tape the sides together to form the bag.
5. To make the drawstring, pair up one cord from each casing and knot them together at both ends. Repeat with the remaining 2 cords, then pull one knot at each side to cinch the bag.
For more information and tips, check out this craft and more at spoonful.com
Perfect Fourth of July Bag!
This colorful, rinseable carryall is the perfect beach bag for kids -- great for packing up gear, collecting sandy treasures, or toting wet suits and towels.
1. Turn the garbage bag into a large sheet by cutting along one side seam and the bottom seam. Tape the sheet flat to your workspace and draw a 16- by 30-inch rectangle on it. Cover the rectangle with slightly overlapping strips of red and white tape.
2. Cut out the tape rectangle and flip it tape-side down.