como Town Gazette - January 2013
Como Town Photo Contest!
Enter the Como Town Photo Contest! We are giving away two unlimited ride wristbands for the upcoming 2013 season. Now is your chance to dig up photos from your last trip to Como Town. We will be picking the top twelve photographs on January 21 and posting them to facebook where the winner will be decided by the fans.
- Send your photo to email@example.com with the subject: Como Town Photo Contest. Please include in the email a name, phone number and caption for the photo (be creative!).
- Go to our facebook page and become a fan
- On Jan. 21 go to facebook and vote for your favorite photo by liking it.
- The winner will be chosen at 2 p.m. on January 25, 2013.
We look forward to all of your entries. Good Luck!
Craft Project - Winter Sun Catcher
Total Time 2 to 3 hours Ages school-age
This eye-catching ornament strikes a festive note as a yard decoration -- make it a day or two ahead so it will have plenty of time to freeze. Feel free to improvise with any colorful natural materials you have on hand.
- Disposable foil pan (we used a rectangular cake pan)
- One orange cut into rounds
- A few small pine branches
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
- Sturdy twine, cut into 4 lengths (ours were about 2 feet each)
- Place the pan on a flat surface. Arrange the orange rounds and pine branches in the pan and add enough water to cover them. Sprinkle on the berries. For the hanging cords, lay one end of each piece of twine in the pan, submerging it at least several inches. Let the pan freeze outside (or place it in the freezer).
- Remove the ice block from the pan (run warm water over the back if needed) and hang it up outside.
For more information and tips, check out this craft and more at spoonful.com.
Win an all-day free unlimited ride wristband. Good during the 2013 Season!
Download this month's Coloring Contest Picture below!
Zeke F. (Age 1) - Rogers, MN
Addison R. (Age 2) - New Market, MN
Piper H. (Age 3) - Blaine, MN
Leora B. (Age 4) Minneapolis, MN
Mallory H. (Age 5) - Saint Paul, MN
Ricky R. (Age 6) - Hastings, MN
Ruby S. (Age 7) - Saint Paul, MN
Aidan C. (Age 8 1/2) - Saint Paul, MN
Ella R. (Age 9) - Hastings, MN
Raina S. (Age 10) - Saint Paul, MN
Abigail S. (Age 11) - Savage, MN