como Town Gazette - february 2014
january Photo Contest winner
Thank you to everyone who entered and submitted their photos to the January Como Town Photo Contest! Congratulations to Melissa O., our winner! Check our Facebook page often for more contests and giveaways!
- First Place “Dad we should do Como Town again...you need to get those white legs out more often!”
- Second Place “Nothing quite like the anticipation of the giant water bucket tipping!!"
- Third Place “Wheeee!"
• Half gallon milk or juice carton with plastic cap, rinsed
• Paper towels
• Wallet Template
• Ballpoint pen
• Craft knife (optional)
• Butter knife
3. Following the fold lines you marked, create an accordion fold on each side of the wallet.
4. Tightly squeeze the accordion folds. Fold the top flap down, pushing the spout through the hole. Screw on the cap to keep the flap in place.
For more information and tips, check out this craft and more at spoonful.com.
This photo originally appeared in FamilyFun Magazine
1. Cut open the carton so it lies flat, as shown; put aside the cap for now. Dry the inside with the paper towels. Tape the template on top of the carton so that the top circle lines up with the spout. Mark the outline of the template with a ballpoint pen. Using firm pressure, trace the lower circle and the dotted lines of the template so that they transfer to the carton. (This will score the lines for easier folding.) A ruler will help you mark the straight lines. Cut out the shape from the carton.
2. Use scissors to cut out the lower circle as marked. (Tip: To make cutting out the circle easier, first make an X with a craft knife.) Use a ruler and a butter knife to further score the fold lines.