como Town Gazette - August 2013
Plan a WILD and FUNTASTIC birthday party at Como Town. What could be more fun than a day at Como Town riding rides, getting soaked in the splash zone or soaring down the brand new zip ride? Start planning your child's birthday party today! Packages are available and include unlimited ride wristbands for each of your 8 or more guests, an ice cream sundae, birthday decorations and much more! Schedule your reservations online they are easy, simple and fast! Plus, earn a *FREE Unlimited Ride Wristbands just for registering your party online! Visit us at comotown.com or give us a call at 651.487.2121 and mention birthdays!
Total Time 1 hour
Ages preschooler - 2 years and up
- One 9- or 12-ounce plastic cup
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups of potting soil
- 1 tablespoon of grass seeds (we bought rye grass at a garden center)
- Decorations, such as office dot stickers, markers, and ribbon (for safety, it should measure less than 6 inches long)
2. Spoon the seed-filled soil into the cup, then top it with the remaining soil (this final layer should be about 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep). Water the soil well.
3. Let your child decorate the cup with stickers and markers. Finally, leave the plant in a warm, sunny spot to sprout. Water as necessary to keep the soil about as wet as a damp sponge.
4. After the "hair" has sprouted us ribbon, rubber bands or anything to tie into crazy hairstyles.
For more information and tips, check out this craft and more at spoonful.com
"Bad Hair Day" Plants
Your indoor gardener may not get your "bad hair day" jokes, but the fun of this grassy-haired friend won't be lost on him. Like a Chia Pet, the project requires just a sprinkling of seeds, a bit of sun, and a few drops of patience.