como Town Gazette - June 2014
Splash, soar & Swing at Como town
The new! Splash Zone provides a fun way to stay cool on a hot summer day. Kids will love splashing in the water, playing in the fountains and under the water sprays. Splash Zone is located in Hodge Podge Park.
Como 2014 community night
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Join in the fun! The zoo will be open until 8:00pm and Como Town will be offering Star Light Saver Unlimited Ride Wristbands from 4 - 8 p.m. ONLY
Parking headache? Avoid parking hassles with our free shuttle service! Click here for hours and directions!
- Large smooth plastic ball (ours was 14 inches wide)
- Bowls to hold the ball and glue
- Yarn or string (we used 240 feet)
- White glue
3. Let the glue dry (overnight is good) before lifting the bowl from the ball. Clean the ball with soap and water.
For more information and tips, check out this craft and more at spoonful.com.
This photo originally appeared in FamilyFun Magazine
1. Rest the ball on top of a bowl to steady it. Cut the yarn into about 80 yard-long pieces. Empty a generous amount of glue into a bowl.
2. Working with one strand at a time, submerge the yarn in the bowl of glue. Squeeze out the excess glue, then drape the yarn onto the top half of the ball, forming squiggles and loops. As you add more strands, cross the previously draped yarn multiple times.